Thursday, December 27, 2012

Accordion Potatoes and Grilled Chicken


    Hey guys! Today I had accordion potatoes and grilled chicken for dinner, yum! I had been craving potatoes for the longest time, and seeing that I'm trying to eat healthier and do away with fries and such, I decided to bake them instead. It's a very easy recipe and quite filling too. My mom grilled the chicken, and it was so delicious! Unfortunately, this recipe is a top secret haha however, keep reading for the accordion potatoes recipe! :)

   You Will Need

  • 6 Irish potatoes
  • 1/2 (1 stick) of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic
  • Ground ginger (to taste)
  • Maggi (2 cubes - optional) - I added maggi because I love spicy food!
  • Salt (to taste - a pinch should be just fine if you use maggi)
  • Cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • Parsley
  • Green/spring onions
  • Lemons
   Start by washing your potatoes and leaving them to dry. Slice them accordion style, and be careful not to cut the potatoes all the way. Place the potatoes aside in a baking pan. In a microwavable bowl, mix your butter, oil, garlic, ground ginger, maggi, salt, cayenne pepper and parsley all together. Microwave this mix till your butter is completely melted.

  Using a cooking brush, coat each slice of potatoes with the butter mix. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes (the goal is to have the top of the potatoes crispy and well done on the inside). If you have any butter left, brush it over the potatoes. When that is done, sprinkle chopped green onions over the baked potatoes and you're good to go! (I love the way it tastes with lemon, so I squeezed a little bit over my potatoes).


   Thanks for reading. If you have any questions/suggestions, let me know! :)

2 comments :