Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Popcorn Shrimp


    Hey guys! I made this really quick recipe the other day, and I thought I'd share. I'm an avid shrimp lover, so it's no surprise that I really enjoyed this recipe. If you love shrimp as much as I do, you should definitely give this a try. Now, on to the recipe. :)

Yield: 4 servings
Meal Type: Appetizer or side dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Level: Easy
Misc: Serve warm


Ingredients

  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 cup of egg
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic (or garlic powder. I didn't have garlic powder so I used minced garlic).
  • 1 cup of dry breadcrumbs 
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
  •  1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined.
Directions

Step 1: Place the flour in a bowl

Step 2: Whisk the egg, milk and minced garlic in another bowl. If you're using garlic powder, mix the powder in the third step.

Step 3: Combine breadcrumbs  salt, dried basil, dried parsley, onion powder and garlic powder (if you're not using minced garlic) in a third bowl.

Step 4: Gently press shrimp into flour to coat it, dip into the egg mix and press into breadcrumbs. Place the breaded shrimp onto a plate while breading the other ones. Do not stack them.

Step 5: Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F. Deep fry breaded shrimp in preheated oil until golden brown for 3 to 4 minutes. Then transfer the shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. And you're done!



Let me know if you have any suggestions, I'm always looking to improve my favorite recipes. :)

Bon Appetit,
Onivie

4 comments :