Monday, June 16, 2014

Purple Triangles




The other day I was in the mood to wear something different from the colors I usually go for. I rarely wear purple, but there was something about this kaftan that made me steal it from my mother (sorry, mom).  It reminded me of the style that rocked women's fashion in Nigeria during the 80s. I wasn't born, but I've seen pictures, particularly those of my mom. I've always been a fan of kaftans, like these that have a bit of an Arab influence to them. They're so comfortable, and easy to wear! 

I paired it with a matching head-tie, and opted for black accessories to keep the focus on the vibrant colors. 



L'autre jour, je voulais porter quelque chose de différent de couleurs que je porte normalement. Je porte rarement violet, mais il y a quelque chose au sujet de cette caftan qui m'a fait la voler de ma mère (désolé, maman). Cela caftan m'a rappelé le style que les femmes portaient au Nigeria, pendant les années quatre-vingt. Je ne suis pas né, mais j'ai vu des photos, en particulier des photos de ma mère. J'ai toujours aimé les caftans, en particulier ceux qui ont un peu d'influence arabe à eux. Ils sont tellement confortable, et facile à porter!

Je l'ai porté avec une assorti tête-echarpe, et porte les accessoires noirs.




 Photo Credit: Nicole

 My stunning cousin, Nicole. I adore this floral dress she had on!


::My Outfit::

Kaftan - Made in Nigeria
Purse - H & M
Black Heels - Payless
Beaded Bracelet - Made in Nigeria
Gold Hand-cuff - H & M
Rose-gold Watch - Aldo

 ::Nicole's Outfit::

Floral Dress: Forever XXI
Sandals: Local Boutique (Dubai) 
Necklace - JcPenney

Pardon mon français, j'apprendre encore. :)

Always,
-Onivie

2 comments :

  1. This look is so fun/fresh and the colors are amazing, your cousin looks fabulous as well!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete